On the 14 December 2012 the Third Steering committee of the Network was held in Ha Noi within the framework of the 3rd International Conference on Conservation Agriculture in South East Asia (Hanoi 10-15 December 2012). The meeting was chaired by Mr. Anonh Khamhoung who has replaced Mr. Soulivanthong Kingkeo (NAFRI) as the Chairperson of CANSEA according to the reorganization of the Ministry of Agriculture & Forestry (MAF) of Laos-PDR . The secretariat of the meeting was ensured by Mr. Jean-Claude Legoupil, the Regional Coordinator of the network.
After reviewing the 2012 activities, the SC discussed about the 2013 priorities. It was agreed upon that in 2013 the network will give priorities to the following issues:
– Finalize regional and regional projects presently under preparation or discussion or submission;
– Investigate the possible status for CANSEA allowing getting legal existence;
– Support initiatives to address the issue of adapting and developing suitable Conservation Agriculture agricultural machineries;
– Invest time and reasonable fund to maintain CA experimentation and demonstration activities in Savannakhet;
– Develop the CANSEA Web site.
Relevant actions were also proposed for each priority